|Directed by||Sophia Takal|
|Produced by||Jason Blum|
|Written by||April Wolfe|
|Music by||Will Blair|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
|Release date(s)||December 13, 2019|
|Running time||1 hour and 32 minutes|
|Budget||$ 5 000 000|
|Box office||$ 15 418 330|
Black Christmas is a 2019 American slasher film, and a remake and reboot of the 1974 movie of the same name. It was directed by Sophia Takal and written by April Wolfe, and stars Imogen Poots, Aleyse Shannon, Brittany O'Grady, Lily Donoghue and Cary Elwes.
Hawthorne College is quieting down for the holidays. One by one, sorority girls on campus are being killed by an unknown stalker. But the killer is about to discover that this generation’s young women aren’t willing to become hapless victims as they mount a fight to the finish.
- Imogen Poots as Riley Stone
- Aleyse Shannon as Kris Waterson
- Brittany O'Grady as Jesse Bolton-Sinclair
- Lily Donoghue as Marty Coolidge
- Caleb Eberhardt as Landon
- Cary Elwes as Professor Gelson
- Simon Mead as Nate
- Madeleine Adams as Helena Rittenhouse
- Nathalie Morris as Fran Abrams
- Ben Black as Phil McIllaney
- Zoё Robins as Oona Apteao
- Ryan McIntyre as Brian Huntley
- Mark Neilson as Gil O'Leary
- Lucy Currey as Lindsay Helman
- This will be the second remake of the 1974 film.
- The first "Black Christmas" movie to have a PG-13 movie rating.
- The original R-rated version of this film ran 111 minutes, before being edited down to a 92 minutes long PG-13 version released in theaters.
- This is the first "Black Christmas" movie not to be filmed in Canada. Instead the production was set in New Zealand.
- It was also the first "Black Christmas" movie not to include a killer named Billy.
- First "Black Christmas" film to not feature actress, Andrea Martin.
- Director Sophia Takal worked extensively to make this film as feminist as she could.
- The sorority house cat is named Claudette, a reference to the original film having a cat named Claude.